Me

Me

Monday, March 2, 2009

A day at the office

It's a beautiful morning and I'm in my basement office working on my Acts study. Maybe I'll chisel out a window in the wall. :) Today should be a good day. Have lots to do and I should be able to get it all done. It's kind of nice after beginning my personal study in Acts the Lord has truly opened my eyes to all that I have done and how much of the stress and burnout is due to my own efforts. The early church had such a simple approach to ministry and it worked. I love it when my Philosophy of Ministry is challenged. It's good to think outside the box sometimes. Or in my case I guess I live outside of it. I'm coming to much more defined clarity as to the purpose of Christs Church and myself as a pastor. It's to develop in people a passion for God, a passion for people, and a passion to serve the world. That's what the early church was committed too. And the result. "The Lord added to the church every day those who were being saved." How will that look here at VVBC. I have yet to receive that revelation from God. But I believe it is coming.

2 comments: